Wednesday 25 July 2012

A Second Letter To My Birthmother.

Dear Mother--

Hello uma. This is Kang your daughter. I am 21 now and my first round of searching for you is coming to a close soon.. I can't believe it's almost been a year since this journey towards you and accepting who I am has started. I don't know if I will try this again.. I don't know if my heart can take it knowing I could be your living nightmare. If I am, I am so so deeply sorry uma. That is not how I wanted your life to be. That is not how I had hoped our story had started and ended.

Please know that I am Korean, That I love being Korean, and feel close to our people. I love you with my whole heart and spirit. I could never love anyone more than you uma. I am sorry if you hate me, and only think of me with worry and anger. I understand why you would feel that way.

Please know that you made the right choice. Thank you for keeping me close for 9 months. Thank you for letting me live. I owe you my life. I just wish so badly I could live with you, know you, and be with you. I understand if you don't want those things. Please know how much I love my whole birth family, even if they don't know I exist. Even if I am a secret from them, I love them and hope you are all doing well.

I send my whole heart and full spirit to you uma.
I love you,
Your daughter Kang.

No comments:

Post a Comment