Wednesday 28 January 2015

The Double D Cycle.

Hello Readers. As much as I boast and do love being single, most of you know that I've been in somewhat of a relationship for the past couple years. Rocky, on and off, physically abusive, deeply meaningful.. And with the little appeal it has, I haven't been able to completely walk away before. Let's start from the beginning 2 years ago at CONvergence 2012.

It was my first of many many conventions, and I had an online date set up. I was on the porch to meet the guy, when Double D walked up. I felt so bad that I let him talk, until I really had to cut him off and meet my date. Double D directed me to the other porch where my date was waiting. Call it destiny, the red string's pull, but I ended up being at the right place at the right time. Like "My Sassy Girl" I had met a man from the future.

We talked once or twice that weekend, Facebook adds, and gave him my number. For the next 3 months he would call or text asking me to coffee, to party with his friends, or to just talk. I finally caved, and thus started a friendship. From the first night we met up we both felt something there, special even. I had just gotten out of a 3 year long abusive relationship. I did not want another boyfriend. I wanted to work on myself. But Double D didn't really respect that..

After we both finally admitted to having feelings, he'd always tell me how wrong I was. That he wanted one special girl to make him happy again, and that I could grow in a relationship. Eventually we got to a point where we'd kiss when no one was looking, he'd always come home to my bed, but we were not together. We could do whatever, screw whoever, be open that we liked each other, but have zero obligation to one another. I told him a million times it couldn't go on forever..

When I turned 22 I took pictures of us in the car. I went to delete the bad ones and saw a photo I hadn't taken. In the shot I was asleep laying on my tummy. He had pulled down my blanket, pulled up my sleeping shirt, to reveal my lace panties.. He took a nonconsentual nude photo of me! I deleted it, along with all photos of me. I spent the rest of my birthday silently freaking out over how a friend that I deeply trusted had sexually violated me. Like everything else, we got passed it.

**We ended up hitting points where he couldn't handle his shit, freak out, and hide from everyone for months.
***We hit points where he'd straight up tell me how worthless I am to other guys. That no one, but him found me attractive or gave a shit about me. That all other guys only used me for sex.
****We got to a point where he sexually assaulted me every time I saw him.
*****We got to a point where he was screaming, and smacking me across the face.

While he was hitting me, I just took it. I tried to hold his hands and ask why he was doing this. That violence was not telling me anything, he needed to use words. #IAmNotAVictim #YesAllWoman He finally calmed down, and I just laid back and cried. I got up, washed me face, and we talked. A couple days later I told him that I couldn't trust him, he broke every bit of trust, and if he didn't get help we were done. He flipped out about how hitting me was him sticking up for himself. Then radio silence for another month.

In true fashion to us I always I'd show up to him sleeping all day in bed, or he'd call at 2am wasted. Things would go back to "normal", until one of us was upset, he'd flip out, and he'd leave me again. He's always leaving me, punishing me.

Flash to this past summer at CONvergence 2014. He's yelling and pushing me away. It was so deviating.. I could feel my chest bursting as I sobbed for him to stop being mean, to "Please please stop acting like this! You've never spoken to me like this before! Please just stop and talk to me!"

He literally left me in the street.
On the ground.
Begging for him.

I was screaming and crying for him to stop, while he pushed me away shouting, "We don't end up together! This never felt right! Stop, I'm done with this! I'm done with using you, I'm not leading you on anymore! You don't mean anything to me!" I haven't been subject to something so publicly humiliating since the shit my adoptive mom used to yell at me.

(Anyone catching the symmetry? I date men that treat me the way my adoptive parents do!)

For a couple months I was truly free. He was done with me, and I got over it. My heart stopped aching for him, and I worked on me. I started dating nice men, kind men.. Men who took me on dates because they wanted a real conversation with me. Although I couldn't love them, my heart was glowing.

Then Double D called me. I came running, tripped on my love for him, and fell back into the hole. Now he's hiding again.. He refuses to get help with his addictions, and I'm still not well enough to not need abuse.

This story never seems to end, I'm not sure what I'd do if it did.

*Cheers*

No comments:

Post a Comment